Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Goodbye, friend


hello friend, you are one of very few
'cause when I move away I'll actually miss you..
we had always been proud and free
we could've been bitter enemies
but we tamed that ego & now no one's more dear..
I never shied from saying grow up to your crying face
we don't always watch out or wish good grace
but we always had faith in our capable ways...
and when I give advice you harken to my words
listen truly to the power of spoken words
but without the bearer's condescension or hurt...
and without you I wouldn't be,
'cause whenever I hit the ball you hit it back to me
then one day i saw we were moving like the wind...
even if I find nobody out there like you
I won't mind 'cause I've already met you
and have been sated with the deeper parts of the blue...


3 comments:

  1. bittersweet well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a quote by Emerson, "I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know." Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tender poem with a great use of rhyme.

    All the best
    Jack Edwards

    ReplyDelete